My character walked off the page again the other day and I've been letting her have her way. I like the direction she's headed in though; it may even be better than what I'd planned for her. Still, had a moment of wtf is she doing when the deviation popped in my head.

Now halfway through November and so far NaNo has taught me that I really have no excuses not to sit down and write 2k words a day. None. Zip. 4 sittings of 500 words will get it done and I can get 500 words in nearly 15 minutes of pure focused writing. 15 minutes. They won't be the prettiest words I can find, and I still have a problem with not describing the scenery in my head but all of that is fixable.

The muse tap must have been turned on full this month because not only can I get a pretty cool sequel out of the novel I'm working on, but I came across another plot idea that would incorporate a previous wip perfectly. I think 2010 is going to be one busy year.

Things that distracted me on the internet today:

~ 800 unread blog posts. I managed to knock out about 100 of the more interesting ones over the last couple of days. Some very interesting things happening in the publishing world that I am keeping an eye on.

~ Official NaNoWriMo website. It's compulsive to check your position in word count more than 3 times a day. I think I've done it at least 10 times most days.

Non-internet distractions:

~ Went in for round two of braces. Wore them for too many years as a teenager and enjoyed straight teeth for a while. Unfortunately, they chose not to stay that way and now I'm back in wires and brackets to fix them. They hurt. A lot.

Accomplishments:

~ Little over 36k as of today. Will make 50k easily and revised to between 75 and 80k before going in for edit. Nearly halfway to goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment