Happy December! That's what my middle daughter greeted me with this morning. I think she's just happy to be counting down the days to the biggest loot of the year, but I'm fairly cynical.

I successfully avoided both Black Friday and the new, more dangerous, Cyber Monday this year. Black Friday is never a worry on my rainy horizon; it would take an unbelievable deal to get me anywhere near a store the day after Thanksgiving. Cyber Monday is a whole 'nother issue.

I believe my biggest defense to this new shopping lure is that I had no idea it existed. I didn't see any hype until a day or two before and I was so busy furiously writing down the new climax and resolution to my wip, I missed the signs. I have to give a giant shout out of thanks to Absolute Write and the NaNoWriMo site for keeping me sufficiently distracted. My bank account thanks you as well.

Things that distracted me on the internet:

~ Checking on my writing buddies and cheering when they crossed the 50k mark. Go awesome valley go!

~ Following the sad case of the shooting deaths of four police officers in the Tacoma area. May their families find peace in the coming months.

Non-internet distractions:

~ Holiday decorations are up. Not playing with the wind this year - everything is inside where we can enjoy it and not stress about searching for the head of whatever decoration went flying.

Accomplishments:

~ New scenes for Wishful Thinking outlined. One written. Back on track for 75 - 80K first draft. Will be done in December and ready to revise for 2010. Have to start writing down goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment