Only a handful of days left until NaNoWriMo kicks off and I am pretty psyched about this year. I've already adjusted my word count meter to 80k instead of 50k which means I need to write 2,667 words per day. Thanksgiving is catered again this year so I can reheat/minimally prep and not have to worry about cooking/cleaning. Small benefit, I suppose, of not being near family to start off the holiday season.

My plot is done, my subplots are nicely threaded, and I have a good feel as to how each scene is supposed to go. November is going to be a good month.


Things that distracted me on the internet today:

~ Everything. :) Absolute Write had me spinning off on a tangent whilst (love this word) I perused the mass of links for urban/contemporary fantasy writers.
~ MSN. Couple too many good articles up this morning. I think I looked at the whole Wonderwall today.
~ Zynga keeps beta'ing nifty games for Facebook users. This morning brought up a theme park adventure game. I fully blame the Sims for all these very cool simulation games we are bombarded with now.

Non-internet distractions:

~ I have company in a week. There is one room on my first floor that I keep the doors closed and the curtains drawn so I don't have to look at the clutter bomb that dropped. Today, I had to make the dent. Bonus - I finally dragged the DVD chest back to the family room where it belongs.

Accomplishments:

~ Nada on the writing front up until now. Tonight I will finish typing my scenes into WriteItNow and put a copy on my laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment